My Nailtiques trial started on Mon 6th Nov 2017. I’m using Nailtiques Protein Formula 3 on my right hand ring finger nail, and taking a Biotin 100 ug / 100 mg supplement. Lovely hands is an authorised stockist of Nailtiques products.
The picture evidence;
Above; Clare’s right hand ring finger nail, bare 6.11.17. There is a split on the free edge, this is as a result of damage to the nail matrix (under the skin at the top of the nail). This is the hardest kind of split to attempt to fix as its permanent, I have had this split for about 3 years.
I am using Nailtiques Formula 3 on my reps recommendation, its for dry dehydrated nails, these type of nails can get longitudinal splits (cuticle down to the free edge). To attempt to repair the split the nail requires more conditioning ingredients than protein hardeners.
Above; Clare’s right hand ring finger nail, with a small square of silk on it, covering the split, for a bit of protection and support. 6.11.17. If you look at the white half moon area at the top of the nail you will see the purple line – this indicates the damage to the matrix. This damage mark will always be in a straight line down to exactly where the split is on the free edge of the nail.
- always keep a good quality nail file on you to smooth a split nail end before it catches and goes deeper.
- apply Nailtiques in a thin coat, cap the nail tip and try and get some underneath as well, every other day.
- remove with non-acetone remover – I really think this makes a difference.
- avoid immersing your hands in water – wear gloves if washing up. Why? Nails absorb water, if you are putting Nailtiques on it will offer some protection against the effects of the water but if the nails swell a bit when they have absorbed water Nailtiques will peel off. I swim regularly so I will ensure I reapply nailtiques after if needed.
- with nail splits I find that I can feel them when I wash my hair, and strands of hair go through the split. This will prevent fixing, hence why I apply the silk. I have started to wear nitrile gloves while washing my hair now for extra protection.
- keep an eye on your hands, try to stop grabbing at things when looking the other way, that’s when you will knock your nail and suffer a set back. Slow hand movements down and be mindful when reaching out, tuck your finger / thumb with the healing nail in to protect it when putting on your coat for example.
If you would like to read up on the products and purchase please follow the links above, lovely hands is an authorised stockist. We are competitively priced and give a quality nail file and orange stick with each purchase.
Email me (details on website) if you are not sure which Formula you need.