How to size your hands for great fitting gloves
- Print out the Hand-Size-Guide, lay it flat on a table. Lovely Hands – Final Hand-Size-Guide
- Standing up, place your right hand over the blue hand outline, follow the written instructions, and keep your fingers together not splayed. Note the size number suggested and look for this in the ‘select a size’ option on the product page. Manufacturers recommend rounding up the size if you are in between.
- Other factors to bear in mind;
- If you are tall you tend to have hands needing the larger glove sizes.
- If your fingers are long or chunky this may also necessitate a larger size.
- Depending on how stretchy the fabric you may get a better fit in your lower size.
Stretchy gloves –
Ladies & men’s – Maxiflex Elite, Active and Ultimate, Showa 370, 341, 306. Ladies –Tegera 90066, 90068, 90065
My personal example;
The blue outline suggests I am between a size 6 and 7, closer to the 6.
In stretchy gloves where I want to have my fingers right down to the ends I wear a 6. In leather gloves that do not have so much stretch I wear a 7. I have slim fingers.
Men – please see the table of men’s hand measurements for each individual glove on the product pages.
If in any doubt contact me or order a selection to try on at home. Returning goods is easy, please see the policy.
Lovely hands glove size guide
|Lovely hands sell 4 glove manufacturers products. They are all made of different materials and modelled on slightly different hand measurements.|
To help you buy online and get the best fitting gloves first time lovely hands has put together their own group of men to try on the gloves and give their size preferences. 3 key hand measurements have also been captured for most of these men, which will help you find a buddy who is most like you.
|Based on this research, which is geared to help you successfully buy your correct size online, Lovely hands has overridden some of the glove labels worded descriptions in favour of a description that reflects the findings and will guide you better. This is what you will see in the select a size / choose and option box on the glove product pages.|
If you have any queries please contact me and we can look at the information together and make an informed decision.
Gloves are quite a personal thing, from correct fit to preferences in material, I am here to help.
|Unisex sizing description –Maxiflex &Tegera use this|
Stretchy gloves –
Ladies & men’s – Maxiflex Elite, Active and Ultimate
Ladies – Tegera 90066, 90068, 90065
|Label on gloves says; (description OK for Men)||Lovely hands description for men||Lovely hands description for ladies|
|5 – XX small||5 – X Small|
|6 – X small||6 – Small|
|7 – Small||7 – Medium|
|8 – Medium||8 – Medium||8 – Large|
|9 – Large||9 – Med / Large||9 – X Large|
|10 – X Large||10 – Large||10 – Ladies long hands & fingers|
|11 – XX Large||11 XL long fingers||11 – Ladies long hands & fingers|
|12 – XXX Large||12 XXL long fingers|
|Showa – all 3 styles are stretchy gloves|
|Label on gloves says;||Notes|
|5 XS||Showa 370 is bigger than Maxiflex Active size 5|
|8 L||Fitted majority of men in all 3 gloves|
|9 XL||Suits wide hands, or hands of tall men.||370 glove fits as XL, 341 glove is bigger than 370, 306 is really big v size 8|
(Download Printable Tape Measure)